- Approach by peer education among MSM (Male Sex Male) community, relying on a network of friends. One activity is a monthly discussion. Each member is required to carry at least two new friends who will become a SeCi’s friend (call for SeCi’s volunteers).
- Facilitate access to condoms for the community and taking an active role as KPA Medan’s condom outlet.
- Conducting education about STI’s such as HIV/AIDS, with examination and treatment of STI’s through a group of internet-based social networks
- Help MSM accessing IMS services, KT-ARVs for people living with HIV and MSM who need it.
- Perform direct intervention into the entertainment/sex workers in locations such as massage parlors, spas and group art workers who are MSM - on a small scale yet, because of limited funds.
Currently, SeCi has a program entitled "Comprehensive STI and HIV/AIDS Prevention Program To Male Sex Men (MSM) Youth Through the Arts Outreach Worker group in Medan". The program is carried out to reach young MSM who have not opened up and did not acknowledge their sexual orientation yet. In general, the program also aims at the establishment of a comprehensive understanding in the response, especially the prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STI’s) and HIV through sexual transmission through a consistent condom use and correct treatment seeking behavior among the community of male sex (MSM) who joined the group of young artists, resulting in a decline in HIV prevalence in the community in Medan.
For more information: