Since the statement from the big coffee company Starbucks about supporting LGBT, the issue has never been turned down until now. Lot of anti-LGBT community protests are happening andthe Indonesian government wants to take actions about LGBT issues, the defense minister said the LGBT movement was more dangerous than nuclear warfare...it never stops. They're out of their minds, I believe.
The Broadcasting Commission (KPI) issued a directive on February 23th after receiving complaints from viewers.
The directive specifically banned:
- Men wearing feminine fashion
- Men wearing feminine make-up
- Feminine body language exhibited by men, including, but not limited to, walking style, sitting style, hand gestures and other behaviors
- Men speaking in a feminine way
- Depicting justifications or promoting that men can behave effeminately
- Depicting a man greeting another man in ways that are supposed to be for women
- Depicting terminologies and colloquial terms that are often used by effeminate males.
This is pure discrimination, could you imagine how LGBT people will be treated after all of these 'concerned issues' that get so much media exposure lately? They can't be themselves anymore, they can't express what they want or what they're capable of and it's sad. I wondered all these years ago, why television in the first place made men dress like a woman and behaving effeminately and now they now want to ban it from happening anymore? Look at yourself television people, who are the one who introduced us all and teached us to believe that everyone could be themselves?